Whether you are reading this report for the first time or have been a regular recipient over the past year or so, I hope my year-round campaigning has encouraged you to support me in this Thursday's ballot.
My commitment to all voters is that, if elected, I will continue to;
maintain an active presence in the local community
deal with all requests from residents promptly and efficiently
communicate effectively and regularly with you via email and our door-to-door newsletter
This election could be very close between myself and the Labour candidate. Your vote could be crucial. If you have any questions about the election or need transport to the polling station please don't hesitate to get in touch.
The election hasn't prevented the usual focus on the streets where you live. Improvements this month include:
- graffiti on Beech Road at the Derby Road end has been cleared
- day burning light on Olive Crescent now repaired
- dumped sofa blocking the walkway between Fountain Street and Whitford Road removed. Also, the broken light in the same location has now been fixed
- the awful pile up of rubbish outside the new flats on Rodney Street has been cleared.
- the missing roller on the alleygates on Briardale Road at the Borough Road end has now been replaced
- the broken light on Pearson Road by Holt Hill Terrace has been fixed.
Other issues recently reported include;
- Overgrowth from Hillside Road affecting the alleyway behind Holt Road
- Broken lock on alleygates on Paterson Street
- Damaged street signs on Frodsham Street and Olive Mount
- Extensive littering on Hamilton Lane
- Collapsed wall between Rodney Street and Clifton Road
- Poor conditions on the walkway under the railway bridge on Green Lane
- Littering behind the panelled area on Hinderton Road opposite Hinderton Close. Apparently this belongs to Scottish Power who have been contacted by the Council.
As ever, if there are any issues affecting you please let me know.